I recently came across a few house floor plan apps for iPad that I found quite impressive for those who are on the go but still want to be able to draw decent floor plans on a mobile device. One of those is Floorplans for iPad. It works in both Imperial and metric (which is great for Aussies).
According to the description in the app store this app has the following features:
Create New Floorplans or Import Existing Files
• Import PDF, JPG, and other file types.
• Turn low-fi images or sketches into crisp, high-definition floorplans.
• Calibrate the dimensions of the imported floorplans.
• Draw or add notes to existing floorplans.
• Create new floorplans from scratch with a few swipes.
• Manipulate walls with ease, draw angled walls and complex rooms.
Add Rooms, Furniture, and Measurements
• Add furniture and structural elements such as doors, windows, and staircases.
• Use the predefined furniture collection.
• Edit dimensions to match a specific furnishing.
• Calculate square footage of a single room or an entire apartment.
• Measure any distance in the floorplan.
• Plan seating arrangements for parties.
• Design office spaces.
Export to PDF, JPG, and Floorplans Native Format
• Send beautiful PDF floorplan documents to your clients via email.
• Print floorplans using your bluetooth enabled printer.
• Post floorplan JPGs to your website.
• Exchange native floorplan files between you and another user.
Video of the app in action:
Price: $25.99 in the app store.