Bosch 15 Place Setting Stainless Steel Built Under Dishwasher
After reading reviews and tests in Choice magazine we ended up chosing a Bosch dishwasher. From memory they did a comprehensive test with many different brands and the Bosch unit came out highly ranked and I believe the editor recommended it.
In addition to that my sister in law happens to have been using a Bosch dishwasher herself for many years and is very happy with it. From what I could see their unit was literally used every single day. After many years the unit still functions like clock work.
The model we ended up buying is a stainless steel Bosch 15 place setting dishwasher (SMU68M05AU) that can fit nicely under the kitchen bench.
The dishwasher was delivered at the same time as the kitchen was installed and our house heading toward completion along with other things like the Oliveri undermount kitchen sink. We had to keep it in the garage of the place we lived before moving to the new house. The Bosch dishwasher then was picked up by the removalists with the rest of the furniture and cartons on the day of the move from the old house to the new house.
Once moved in we did the installation and connection of the dishwasher ourself with help from my dad.
Things we like about this Bosch dishwasher:
- Looks clean and modern
- Facade easy to clean with a microfiber cloth
- Children safety lock
- Cutlery tray
- Cleans perfectly
- We find it rather quiet when operating
Things we like less:
- We feel that the cycles are a bit long, for example a normal 45 degree cycle takes about 2 hours and 20 minutes. It’s not a big deal for us at all as we start the cycle before going to bed
- With a normal cycle at 45 degrees there is still a bit of water in some cavity. I presume it’s probably more environmentally friendly this way. Otherwise drying completely would require more electricity. Where there is water we just wipe it off with a tea towel and plates, bowls are ready to be stored in drawers and cupboards
- When the cleaning cycle has been completed, the display remains on. We would prefer that the machine turns itself off
I would highly recommend a Bosch dishwasher as well as a Bosch multifunction built-in oven.